- New York State Tax Deduction
- Property Tax Reduction
- FREE CPR training for volunteers
William Anthony Stone Memorial Scholarship
William Anthony Stone joined the Central Islip - Hauppauge Vol. Amb. On May 25, 1998. He was a dedicated member of the service who shortly after became a paramedic. Not only did he go on in life to be a career paramedic he maintained his volunteer status until his death. Bill was a kind person who loved nature, people and a good joke. His time as a volunteer included him being an educator, mentor and friend. Bill passed away doing what he loved and with a lesson to us all on ambulance safety. His memory carries on in this memorial scholarship so that other volunteers who do what they love may become a paramedic as Bill did.
The Central Islip - Hauppauge Vol. Amb. will award two volunteers a $3,000.00 scholarship to a school of their choice to complete a paramedic program. The following is the criteria for the scholarship.
- Provide a letter from a Chief stating you are a volunteer member in good standing in a Nassau or Suffolk fire or EMS department.
- Have been a volunteer for a minimum of five years.
- Hold an EMT-B certification for at least one year. (Provide copy of card)
- Provide a letter of recommendation from the Chief of your department.
- Provide one other letter of recommendation from a professional.
- Provide a letter to the committee of why you want to become a paramedic.
- Your EMT certification must remain valid during the duration of the class.
All applications and supporting documentation must be received no later than January 31, 2015. Screening process and selection for an interview will be conducted during the month of February. Potential applicants will be notified via email. Scholarships will be awarded in March. Scholarships will be paid directly to the school of the winner’s choice. Please address all applications to the address below.
Central Islip - Hauppauge Vol. Amb.
4 Pineville Rd.
Central Islip, N.Y. 11722
Attn. William Anthony Stone Memorial Scholarship Committee